Sunday, July 24, 2011
Top five reasons to love Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)
1. Amy was a real artist, despite hitting the big-time during an age of what can politely be called artifice.
2. She had a tremendous voice that possessed character, power and huge individuality.
3. Her songs were honest, often heartbreakingly so. That's why they spoke so strongly.
4. "They tried to make her go to rehab, but she said no, no, no..." She said "No" to the world for the sake of staying true to herself. Even if that means, as it appears to, that that's what ultimately destroyed her.
5. We're too used to stories like hers. She was far too young to die and had far too much still to offer.